Friday, April 19, 2013

Author Tag!


I just got Author Tagged!

I loved tag growing up, Lol! Every morning at the bus stop we would play until the bus came. We played freeze tag, TV tag and plain ole tag. Some of my best memories are goofing off those mornings at the gazebo at the end of my street. These days this type of author tag is more my speed...I haven't even had to get up! 

I was tagged by S. Moose. Her debut novel Reaching Out For You needs to be on your TBR. I am looking forward to helping promote it once it's released. Trust me you'll want to follow her :)


What is the working title of your book?

Stages of Grace


Where did the idea come from for the book?

Morbid as it sounds this novel was inspired by a death. I was researching ways to deal with grief when I came across the five stages of grief. It struck me that the death of a relationship could follow the same grief pattern that a person would go through in dealing with the death of a loved one.


What genre does your book fall under?

Women's Literature / Contemporary Romance / New Adult

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?


Grace (main character) Emily VanCamp
Jon (main character) Josh Hartnett
Kate (you'll see!) Maggie Smith
Ryan (not telling) Bradley Cooper


What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
This novel is about the stages and emotions in life Grace goes through while struggling to find happiness in a dying relationship.
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

A publisher did make an offer to acquire Stages of Grace but I felt it was in my best interest to remain independent.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

One month, been rewriting since.


Who or What inspired you to write this book?

Grace, she was in my head telling me her story. I just wrote it all down.
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? 

This novel does not have your usual chapter breaks but is instead separated into the five stages of grief. (Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance)



I'm tagging:


1. Gareth Young

My favorite Spartan and one of my favorite authors. You can see his Facebook page my interview with him on my blog links here. 





And


2. Karen Bynum

My only author friend I've met in real life. We had so much fun the first time that we did it again. I am a huge fan of her work and can't wait to read her upcoming novel Becoming. I hope to host her on my blog soon. Her links is below.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/KarenYBynum?fref=ts


3 comments:

  1. Hi Carey! Thanks so much for tagging me! Stages of Grace sounds like a wonderful read! I can't wait to buy my copy tomorrow on your BIG release day! It was sooo awesome meeting you in person too, and I'm thrilled that we decided to make it a regular thing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carey - Thanks for the tag and i'll respond to it as soon as I remember where I put my brain. If you see it lying around please direct it back to me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished reading Stages of Grace. I really loved it for many reasons and wouldn't mind reading more about Grace and Ryan's story. I was so frustrated with Grace's inability to fight for what was right for her ,but I totally get having a hard time of fighting,letting go and moving on. Being brave enough to move forward to something that will be better or at least more healthy. I think it is easier knowing that someone else is interested when another has broken your spirit. Hot guy with an accent who loves and cares for your Grandmother is just the perfect fairy tale for the romantically loved starved!
    I think that it would have been interesting to have heard Ryan's reaction when she shared her past year so that he can understand her better as the relationship moves forward for them. Communication will be key and her habit of staying bottled up about what she is feeling will probably continue.......

    ReplyDelete